Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dad's fears after family attacked by airgun yobs A Man today claimed his family was under attack by gun-wielding yobs.

A Man today claimed his family was under attack by gun-wieldingyobs.

George Ferguson said two of his cars and two of his son's carshave been hit by air pellets over a six week period.

In the latest incident George found an inch-long bullet on hisdoorstep.

The 45-year-old said: "It worries me and my wife that somethingcould happen to my family. It seems to happen at night and any one ofus could be out at that time when we are putting the dog out.

"I don't know who's doing this but it really worries me."

George first noticed the attacks around six weeks ago when he wascleaning his Ford Focus outside his Bucksburn home.He spotted aroundfive dents in the car, which he has since sold.

Around two-and-a-half weeks ago George found a hole in theheadlight of his 18-year-old son Nicholas' Citroen Saxo.

A week and-a-half ago George's BMW window was smashed and dayslater they found two dents on the bonnet of Nicholas' Fiat Punto.

But the final straw was when he found a bullet on his doorstep andcalled police.

George, 45, said: "I was emptying out the boot of my car and I putsome things down on the doorstep. When I looked down, there was abullet there. This was not an air gun pellet but an inch-longbullet." He phoned the police immediately.

George, who lives with his wife Debra, 38, sons Nicholas andScott, 12, and daughter Louise, 17, said he was worried for hisfamily.

He said: "It particularly worries me because Scott has learningdifficulties and epilepsy and he could be on the receiving end."

A Grampian Police spokesman said: "I can confirm we areinvestigating an incident in the Kepplehills area of Aberdeen wherebya resident's cars have been damaged by what would appear to be an airweapon.

"No one has been charged and inquiries are ongoing."

Comment, Page 6

cstewart@ajl.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment